Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's all pillars and posts, posts and pillars



(Blazer - Urban Outfitters, top - Topshop, shorts - Topshop, double ring - ASOS, 
bambi necklace - Galibardy, bow brooch - a gift)

If 2010 can be summed up in one word so far, it would have to be 'busy'. Not exactly the work of Keats but by gum if it ain't true. I've applied the maxim 'work hard, play hard' to this year and so far, so tiring but you're only young once, eh?

Following up my last post about the new Hurts track, I just got the Delphic album last night and wowie, I am in love with this business too. It is amazeballs, as Perez would say. Definitely give it a listen, there is some filler but also some proper future classics popping up. The Bloc Party for the new decade perhaps? Anyway, sorry if I'm going off on this totally irrelevant tangent, I've just been consumed with music this past week, definitely making me fall in love with that past-time all over again.

If I look really pissed off in these pictures, it's probably because my camera was acting up (a bad workman blames his tools) and that is genuine PO face. But that is also my natural face. Moody arse. That double ring reads Legend and is so tacky that I love it. Possibly my favourite piece from the jewellery box. Love that it elicits such love/hate reactions, and always a conversation starter in pubs if nothing else. There are many many blazers in my wardrobe (OK, 5) but this is definitely my favourite. I bought it for its nerdy, Giles-from-Buffy tweedish look and then saw Jessica Szohr (off Gossip Girl) wearing the very same one. And as she is the real life gf of Ed Westwick (Chuck off GG), makes me hopeful that one day maybe I too could have Chuck on my arm. Total insane logic. I promise to start taking pictures outside of my bedroom soon but am still getting to grips with this whole camera malarky, anyone got any tips?? Should I get a tripod?



MMT xx

8 comments:

  1. aww thanks for the ccomment :))
    love your blaizar, my friend has it and i always want to steeal it!! too bad shes soo tinyy (like a 00 vs. size 4) battle of the sizes!
    cute post and im glad I gave you inspiration :)
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely blazer...and thats a really cute necklace

    -Erica
    http://allaboutitt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one! Huuum... I actually want to live in urban outfitters I love that store too much! Also the sparkle and fade nail vanrish is amazing (try the gold!).
    Oh, and about the camera-keep the background simple and symmetrical (apparently it's more satisfying for the eye or somthing...).
    And you write well- i think i'll be following you!
    Kate- http://cheapkicksarealright.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that necklace and the jacket looks great!

    http://lolitasaysso.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww cute bambi necklace!!

    www.alwaysoverdressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the blazer and the neclace is really cutee :)
    Love your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete