Friday, January 1, 2010

Through the yard of blonde girls...






 (Snood - ASOS, Dress - Lipsy, tights - Jonathan Aston. Apols for the unitdy bed in the background and the pretty shoddy pics. I am a mess at the minute. New year's resolution: get organised!)

Firstly, *ahem* HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope everyone had a completely debauched and memorable exit from the noughties and into the er, teenies? This time of year always seems so weird. With two months of Halloween, Christmas and New Year furore, most people I know are left exhausted and penniless for the duration of January. Which is a bit of an anti-climax, right? I myself have started 2010 with a pretty gruesome hangover combined with a flu bug (not of the swine variety, phew), an added 6lbs to my ever expanding derriere and an addiction to Six Feet Under - thank yous Santa. What is it about Brenda's psychotic brother Billy? Is it just me or was he HAWT??

As for style, I'd like to think 2010 will bring more inspiration than ever for timeless threads that will last a lifetime - rather than one-wear, disposable pieces I'll look back and cringe over mere months later. Am loving this men's snood bought a few weeks ago. A comfort blanket and legitimate style accessory in one? Possibly better than telly. Oh and not to mention the number of mince pie sins it hides. I've been using of late to give a winter look to the number of summer dresses in my wardrobe. Now the only problem is being weaned off the thing before it starts to go ripe and I get a reputation as 'that stinky scarf lady'...

Happy 2010! MMT xx

3 comments:

  1. ohhh that outfit is LOVELY, I loveee the dress!
    and HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVE!
    I agree, this is a weird time of the year, because all the nice parts of winter are over, and now we're just left with the cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just stumbled across your blog, following now :) ... i looove this dress - so pretty! and the snood is definitely a good idea after christmas food binges... brandy butter is my absolute weakness, so this time of year is not good for me, healthy diet-wise!!!
    happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your scarf... and your camera ;)

    farisita

    ReplyDelete